- Yes We (the E.U.) can
- Yes We (the E.U.) will make English our "official common language"
English in the DIGITAL, Technological, Scientific era
- As a matter of fact, most high-tech innovation websites, digital communications, scientific publications are in english.
- English-speaking scholars and students can access faster scientific documentation which brings a significant competitive advantage.
- Those who need a translation inevitably lose speed and competitiveness in the race towards education excellence.
STEM & Computer Science for All
- STEM, Scientific, Technology, Engineering, Maths education originated in english
- Fortunately « Computer Science » for ALL was launched by President Obama during the State of the Union address in January 2016
- This excellent, visionary and far-reaching program also originated in english
- Global Entrepreneurship summit obviously requires english www.ges2016.org
Why is english as "official common language" so important ?
- Knowledge of english is increasingly an essential factor in the economic development of any E.U. country.
- English for europe’s growth represents a simple solution to generate huge benefits in terms of economic growth.
- Keeping the E.U. divided as a mosaic of countries, with many different languages is quickly becoming obsolete, something of the past !
- The E.U. shows too little sign of progress, insufficient economies of scale, unevenly shared growth.
- In fact, statistics clearly show much better economic performance is achieved in those E.U. countries which are already bi-lingual.
- Just like the euro € "official common currency" was adopted, it is time to adopt English as an "official common language".
- It is time to send the UK a clear signal that the E.U. welcomes the UK to remain in the E.U.
- It is time for the E.U. to acknowledge the huge benefits to be derived from widespread use of english as "official common language".
- It is time for the E.U. to aim to reach 100% of english-speakers across all countries in Europe by 2020.